Let Your Voice Be Heard
Joint Finance Committee Budget Hearings April 7 in Stevens Point!
Tell the Committee That the Budget Must Support Social Justice!
When: Thursday, April 7 at 10:00 AM – SAVE THIS DATE
Where: The University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, Lee Dreyfus Center
How Can You Make Your Voice Heard?
- You can make a written statement of your views. To do this,
- You can print this form and use it to write your statement. Return it to the ESTHER office at St. Mark's Church, 140 S. Green Bay Rd., Neenah, WI 54956 no later than noon, Wednesday, April 6.
- You can click here and fill in the form that the link takes you to.
- We will make sure that your views are given to the Committee.
- You can join us in attending the hearings. (Information about car pooling and buses will be forthcoming early next week.)
Why Is This Important?
A Budget is a Statement of Values. Its allocation of funds can increase or decrease social justice in our state, and members of ESTHER have always participated in public hearings to promote budgetary decisions that reflect the importance we give to social justice.
(For details on this budget’s unjust provisions, see the WISDOM statement at http://prayforjusticeinwi.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/WISDOM-Statement-on-State-Budget-2011.pdf)
What Should You Do If You Want To Attend The Hearings?
- Save the date (April 7, 2011)
- Be prepared to leave early in the morning if you can. We would like to be in Stevens Point for the 8:30 AM press conference.
- Contact Connie Raether (firstname.lastname@example.org) to let her know whether you will need transportation. We are trying to arrange a bus, but if we can’t do that, we will arrange carpools.
- Look for more information this Saturday. We will let you know when and where to meet the bus or the carpools.
If You Can’t Attend, Please Consider 1) Making a written statement (click here) for us to give to the committee; 2) Making a financial contribution (click here) to support the cost of providing buses to the hearing.